[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX, NX-1.5.0 and nxc client libraries

George Wright gwright at kde.org
Thu Sep 1 15:09:16 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm going to be working on kNX to port it to the nxc client libraries and
generally make it more polished.

In order to familiarise myself with the NX system, I tried to connect to my
server using the nxrun command-line client. The server is an AMD64 machine
with NX-1.5.0 installed (which I compiled in a 32-bit chroot), and works fine
with the commercial NoMachine 1.5.0 client.

When I try to get nxrun to connect to the server using the client
configuration generated by the 1.5.0 client, it simply hangs on the "I>
Initializing X protocol compression." step.

nxproxy says the following on the connection (it seems to log it to the client
configuration file...):

Warning: Cookie mismatch in the authentication data.
Info: End of session requested by remote proxy.
Info: Shutting down the link and exiting.

nxserver.log says the following:

NX> 701 Proxy cookie: 841f2ebf587d7cfd18e7f14830b55b91
NX> 702 Proxy IP: 127.0.0.1
NX> 706 Agent cookie: f7db982bd007fb7b3f168dc23aacb24b

I originally had this problem with NX 1.5.0 and FreeNX with the NoMachine
1.5.0 client until I enabled the option "ENABLE_1_5_0_BACKEND" in node.conf.
I figured that as the nxc client library is identifying as 1.4.0, I'd disable
the option again. However, I still get the same error.

Are there any tips on what to do for this?

Many thanks,

George

--
George Wright, http://www.gwright.org.uk