[FreeNX-kNX] gnome/kde fade to black logout

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Nov 23 00:30:40 UTC 2005

Both Gnome and KDE have (God knows why) decided it is cool
to copy the Windows logout behavior of doing the whole fade
the screen to black & white when popping up the "Do you
really want to logout" request at the end of a session.

This causes really annoying behavior when that session is
running over a NX connection, desperately trying to paint the
whole screen over and over and bogging down my system so that
I can hardly get the mouse to move to click on OK.

I thought perhaps other NX users might have figured out if
there is some way to disable this annoying "feature" in Gnome
and/or KDE? (I don't think it is worth any time making NX
work better with it - I really want to just get rid of it
in the first place so NX doesn't have to try :-).

Thanks for any tips you can provide.