[FreeNX-kNX] small fonts when connecting from Windows machine

Aron van Ammers aron at multitof.com
Sun Nov 13 13:01:11 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have successfully installed nxserver on my Debian Sarge machine using
the guide to build it from source. Connecting with the !M client from
Windows machines is a breeze and I'm very impressed with the performance.

However, on a Windows machine the fonts are much smaller than when I run
X natively on the linux system. Examples:

This is how it looks when I work natively on the linux machine:
http://multitof.com/freenx/linux.jpg

This is what I see on windows machines:
http://multitof.com/freenx/nx_client_on_windows.jpg

I guess I could make the nxclient view look better by setting the fonts
larger, but then they'ss be too large when working natively. I'd like to
be able to use the same user account and settings for working natively
and working via NX.

Any ideas to make this work better will be appreciated!

Cheers,
Aron van Ammers