[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Run NX client off of CD [scanned]

Veit Wahlich cru at zodia.de
Wed May 11 22:45:16 UTC 2005

Hi John,

PXES is a Linux distribution that boots from both CD and network (PXE
and Etherboot) and virtually from everything where you can install a
bootloader with ramdisk support (read: USB stick, too).
It also already contains the NoMachine NX client (although in a quite
outdated version).
As the images are created on demand containing only the client packages
you want - including LPRng and Samba but currently no cups - modifying
single packages is very easy (i.e. replacing SSH key, adding default
config, etc.). It can also download configuration for Xfree, Samba, ...
and terminal clients via TFTP.

http://pxes.sf.net/

Best regards,
// Veit

--
  _. ._ . .        Veit Wahlich
 (_. )  (_|        cru at ircnet.de
use Unices; $live->free() || die;
--
PGP public key available via http and hkp from pgp.zodia.de
http://pgp.zodia.de/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0x5A1CB597