[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.4.1 Printing issue, windows -> unix

Raul Carolus rcarolus at lightyeardt.com
Wed Jun 29 20:29:00 UTC 2005

Congrats on the 0.4.1 release.

I have an issue with printing.  Here's what's going on:

win2k -> linux kde session.
Using freenx, and nomachine's 1.5 code.

Sharing a folder and a printer off the w2k machine, and it's defined in
the nomachine client.

When I connect to the server, I get a message that the folder has been
mounted, and I can see my files in the folder.

I also get a "select driver" NX box for the printer, I select the driver
and click "Ok."  When I pull up the kde printer manager, the printer is
not there.  Looking in the cups error log for my session
~/.nx/C-.../cups/error_log, I saw that the admin was running on port
10000.  Opening a browser, I go there and see my printer and it looks
like it's configured correctly (device uri:
smb://localhost:4000/HPLaserJ).  However when I click "Print Test Page"
I get the wonderufl error:  client-error-not-possible

Checking the logs, the only thing I see is in the .nx/cups/error_log
file.  that's the line:  Denying user "" access to print "HPLaserJ"...

I assume it's an access thing, and I'll poke until I find it.

But in the mean time, I wonder why the printer is not showing up in the
kde printer's window.  Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Thanks,

Raul