[FreeNX-kNX] Looking for NX and FreeNX success stories

Raul Carolus rcarolus at lightyeardt.com
Wed Jul 20 13:21:55 UTC 2005

Adrian Coman wrote:
> My opinion about the way (Free)NX should be promoted especially for the
> big companies is like an alternative to Citrix server-based suite of
> applications.
> One of the clients of the company I'm working for is using VPN+Citrix to
> allow us access into their internal network. What is strange is that the
> Citrix server is on Windows, while the machines we are accessing are
> Solaris&Linux.
>
> I presented the managers of this client the NX alternative and they
> seemed quite impressed that there is an alternative to Citrix. They are
> thinking to stop using Citrix because they are not offering good support
> for the Citrix Linux client we use.
>
> Adrian

I second this.  Our software runs only on Windows, so I'm limited to our
session type.  In our search for a TS/Citrix/Remote session software,
I've taken a look at a bunch of scenarios.  winTS is a pain in the butt
when it comes to client printers.  Citrix supposedly works well with
remote printing, however the price tag made me cough, and my boss laugh.

NX, even nomachine's NX, is a much greater value than Citrix or TS.  Or
has the potential to be (It's still fairly young).

Do the developers have a list of features they are planning to implement?

--
Raul Carolus
Lightyear Dealer Technologies