[FreeNX-kNX] losing network connection

Ed Leach eleach at levelofdetail.com
Tue Jul 19 19:39:59 UTC 2005

Hi List,

I have a connection from a SUSE 9.2 KDE client to an Ubuntu server. The
connection starts up great, but then quits after a couple minutes.

This is what I see in the log:

----
Info: Using cache file
'/home/user11/.nx/cache-unix-gnome/S-6E35831ACDEC4735CAD6F44887A00F9D'.
Info: Using remote server connected on port '3111'.
Info: Starting X protocol compression.
Info: Established X server connection.
Info: Using shared memory support in X server.
Error: Lost connection to peer proxy on FD#8.
Error: Connection with remote peer broken.
Error: Please check state of your network connection and retry.
----

I'm using dyndns and port forwarding through a router. Right now both
client and server are behind my router (could be a problem?), but I
connect to the server through the domain name, not directly with IP
address.

I'm just testing for now before I take the server to another location
where it will use the same configuration (dyndns - router/NAT - port
forwarding).

Please let me know what to do for a more stable connection.

Thanks,

Ed