[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and LVS (Linux virtual Server - cluster)

Daniel Schwager Daniel.Schwager at dtnet.de
Sun Jul 10 22:48:03 UTC 2005

Hi together,

we want to use freenx for a 70-user IT-migration project (from
windows to KDE with PXES-thinclients ;-).

Architecture: We have to install 3 LNX-applicationserver in the backend
(joined together via LVS - Linuxvirtual Server = Node A). The LVS
loadbalance between
the 3 servers. Because we want to use the nx-permanent-session feature,
the nxserver
have to run outside the LVS-cluster (we want to run it on the redundant
LVS-node).

                    thinclient+nxclient

                LVS+nxserver (=Node A)

 . . . . . ._one_ virtual_ IP =VIP . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

     app1   app2    app3
      +nx     +nx       +nx
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Now my question: Is it possible to use the
nx-protokoll between the thinclient  and the node A before the
applicationcluster
_AND_ start the user-applications via nx-protocoll between the node A
and the applicationserver VIP
_AND_ use nx-multimedia and nx-samba-ressources between thinclient and VIP
_AND_ suspend/resume sessions (means the nx-session between Node A and
the VIP must
keep alive because a new session will link to another applicationserver
(app1,2,3) via LVS.

Maybe somebody can help me to track down this question.

Thanks

Danny