[FreeNX-kNX] Performance note

Graeme Speak gls at central-data.net
Mon Jul 18 13:49:43 UTC 2005

I'm based in Australia.
For the most part I experience excellent connection speeds to Singapore,
Hong Kong, USA, and UK.  (I travel around a bit and use NX to get back
to my systems in Perth).  I have however had very slow connections with
Italy and Germany and never got to the bottom of it.  Ping times of
800ms or higher.  I have always believed that setting the bandwidth to
Modem does help - but I have not actually measured it to prove it.
Graeme