[FreeNX-kNX] nxlibs 1.5.0 and FreeNX 0.4.x

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Jul 13 01:58:38 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 01:47, Gian Filippo Pinzari wrote:
> Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > What is not so easy is to merge the big tarballs (or their diffs) back
> > into SVN when there were lots of changes in the meanwhile.
>
> I don't think it's really difficult. Just let the SVN/CVS tools do that
> for you.

These tools are not designed to convert tarballs into SVN repository
commits  ;-)

There will be some manual work involved.

> Anyway you surely will be able to provide the necessary admin-
> istration overhead by volunteer helpers :-P.

Heh.

> > But we'll try. So we'll do it....
> >
> > What would be great is if you could give us access to intermediate
> > (non-released) tarballs too, which you may or may not use inside
> > NoMachine.
>
> The reason why we release snapshots, and not day by day development, is
> that we want to run a bit of QA before spreading a new release. We have
> 6/7 releases per day and testing requires time.

OK.

[
  I do not need to tell you that...

    a) the QA could be helped with (no guarantee, though) by having
       a few more people use it

    b) and that no-one would ever announce the intermediate development
       versions gotten from, but not "released" by NoMachine as versions
       which are fit for end user consumption or testing.
]

But you are already scaring me with the "6-7 releases per day"  ;-)
I for sure would not be able to set aside voluntary time to merge each
and every of these releases back into a SVN repository...  ;-)

So let's see how the work goes with the 1.5.0 snapshots (we *should* be
able to recover those from members of this list who have fetched +
"missed to delete" them.

We can re-consider the matter in a while, should we deem it important
or beneficial for either party.

> /Gian Filippo.

Cheers,
Kurt