[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX on SUSE9.3 - howto?? SOLVED

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Sun Jul 10 11:42:25 UTC 2005

Søndag 10 juli 2005 13:21 skrev Verner Kjærsgaard:

Hi list,

- I finally got it working. I poked into /usr/bin and did a search for nx*
binaries. And found one called nxsetup. Which I ran.

It gave a help file. I uninstalled everything, started over again, this time
using the --nomachine-setup flag. That did it!!

Now, why the @@!!""9]¤"!! (:-)) couldn't I read this in
the /usr/share/doc/packages/ReadMeSUSE file?? It's just one line, it could
say:

"To setup FreeNX on your machine after installing it using YAST, first install
an NX-client. Then, as root, goto the /usr/bin directory and to "nxsetup
--help". Follow the instructions given there". Shame on you, SuSE.

That's all it takes. I hope this help others, after all FreeNX is such a GREAT
product, it expands the useability of any Linux distro just so much!

Best regards,
Verner