[FreeNX-kNX] NXServer inside of VServer?

Pablo A. Salgado pabloasalgado at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 12:20:22 UTC 2005

Some time ago I tried to do the same and ran into troubles.

First, I found no way to start xterm as normal user into vserver because
some kind of problem with /dev/tty* into the vserver (the message was
something like: "I couldn't create tty#"). The only user that could start
xterm was root. That means that it seems to be posible to execute KDE as
normal user but not xterm. Anyway I didn't find any documentation about this
topic.

Then, I installed freenx in the host system and run into the problem you
describe starting KDE as normal user. After few attempts to start sessions I
decided to erase any related KDE file in the /tmp directory and voilà! it
worked. Perhaps it could help you.

Let me know if you success running NXserver into vserver :)