[FreeNX-kNX] HELP: Authentication Completed ... Negotiating link parameters ... Connection timeout

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Feb 24 19:27:53 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2005 18:22 schrieb Jonathan Chen:
> > > Now my question is, how should I resolve the problem if the
> >
> > cause of
> >
> > > my NX login is the NFS server?  It's strange that NX did not work
> > > while I am still able to log in via regular ssh and see all
> >
> > the files in my home dir.
> >
> > Well you might be able to see them, but are you also able to
> > access them all?
>
> I'm tilting toward yes, but can not really confirm until the problems comes
> back again.

Well I had this problem also once (years ago) but the problem was, that
my .Xsession-errors was stale, so I could no longer login via X11 ...

> > Ok, but thats not easy to do.
> >
> > Please open up a FR, that you would like to have a
> > possibility to store session infos in /tmp/.nx/<username>/.
> >
> > I think this would solve your problems.
>
> That's the idea of what I thought up.  Storing NX session on local drive
> then on the nfs server.
>
> Where do I go to create a feature request?

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/freenx/ is our central :-).

The directory will be configurable, if you ask for it.

> drwx------    2 nx       root        20480 Feb 23 17:25 closed
> drwx------    2 nx       root         4096 Feb 23 16:05 failed
> drwx------    3 nx       root         4096 Jan 29 01:17 nxhome
> drwx------    2 nx       root         4096 Feb 23 18:04 running
>
> Just looking into these dirs tell me nx saves all its sessions or most
> recent ones???

This is another bug:

Please submit a bugreport or FR that nxserver does not remove sessiondata
after a fixed amount of time.

cu

Fabian

PS: There are several advantages of you submitting the bugs / FRs:

- - You will be informed when there are updates to the bugs/FRs.
- - You can spent some time thinking of what you really want, and I can spent
the time implementing it. I think thats a good deal or not? ;-)