[FreeNX-kNX] CVS-Update & Development Plans

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon Feb 14 03:18:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

as promised I just uploaded a new CVS snapshot to:

http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/nx/snapshots/

This might be unstable. Please think twice before using this in a production
environment. You are welcome to test it though.

Also note to packagers: This is very much WIP (work-in-project) and we are
still in development phase and not in testing phase, so please do _not_
package this.

I also would like to use the opportunity to announce our release plans:

We would like to release FreeNX 0.3.0 at the 05th/06th of March during the
"Chemnitzer LinuxTage", where both I and Kurt Pfeifle will do a workshop
about FreeNX.

This means that CVS is completely frozen not later than 1st March, but
depending how testing goes on this might be even earlier.

You might have noticed that developer.berlios.de is still full of bugs,
patches and feature requests, but I can assure you that tonight at 2:00
o'clock there were just two bugs left ;-).

To be seriously:

I wanted to fix and do as much FR/bugs as possible this weekend and I think we
succeeded.

My personal Hero is Jon Severinsson, who was of 	essential help and has now
also CVS write access.

But while this is all very nice, there was a reason why I did try to do as
much as possible until the end of this weekend:

I'll have to "stall" development again a bit, because I really have to learn
for an exam, which I write on 23rd of february.

At last I won't be able to keep up that development speed of this weekend.
I'll try to spend at least half an hour each day to read and reply this ML,
then the CVS ML and then look at patches/bugs/FR whatever or even get some
coding done.

Ok, enjoy your fresh CVS snapshot and have a nice day. And happy waiting for
0.3.0.

cu

Fabian