[FreeNX-kNX] Session resume with Windows client still problematic?

Sarah Katherine Hayes aleph.wintermute at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 12 19:09:25 UTC 2005

Warned ya that I'm not the most technically astute of people; at least
when I'm not at work :)

>>if I try to suspend a session
>>the following is generated in /usr/NX/var/db/running
>>

>With this path, you are either using NoMachine NX or Gentoo?

That'll be the Gentoo :) I throught I typed in the version numbers...
must have had a brain fart.
nxserver-freenx 0.2.7 is what it's calling itself.

>>darkstar running # cat sessionId\{34680CD31B60580BA2A8EFA8A33F40EB\}
>>sessionName=server
>>display=1002
>>status=Suspended
>>startTime=1108222519
>>foreignAddress=192.168.1.64
>>type=unix-kde
>>sessionId=34680CD31B60580BA2A8EFA8A33F40EB
>>creationTime=1108222519
>>userName=sloant
>>serverPid=
>>screeninfo=800x600x32+render
>>geometry=fullscreen
>>
>>The problem seems to be that the screeninfo doesn't match the geometry
>>setting. When I change it (or get the little script to do it for me) to
>>800x600 the session will quite happily resume...
>>

>I dont completely get what you say. Are you changing

Ok, I should have really spent more time wording that.
Here is the same session 5 minutes later, after the script has fired:

darkstar running # cat sessionId\{34680CD31B60580BA2A8EFA8A33F40EB\}
sessionName=server
display=1002
status=Suspended
startTime=1108222519
foreignAddress=192.168.1.64
type=unix-kde
sessionId=34680CD31B60580BA2A8EFA8A33F40EB
creationTime=1108222519
userName=sloant
serverPid=
screeninfo=800x600x32+render
geometry=800x600

As you can see the geometry feild has been altered from "fullscreen" to
the real setting of "800x600" and should resume fine. Before with the
incorrect geometry setting the Windows client would just generate a
fullscreen !N window for a second or two before closing with an error.

Hope that clears up my inconsistencies... if not poor spelling :)

Regards

Sarah Hayes