[FreeNX-kNX] Parse Error in Remote Options String

Brian Bockelman bockelman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 16:30:08 UTC 2005

Hello all,

(Please CC any responses to this email - bockelman a.t. gmail dot com
- as I am not yet on the mailing list)

I'm trying to get freenx to work on a gentoo server of mine, and am
having a bit of trouble.

First of all, nxserver does not compile cleanly on the x86_64 (it's a
dual-Opteron box), and it takes a bit of work to get it to
compile/install; I realize this is a problem for nomachine.org, but
it's important background.  When I install Gentoo's ebuild on a
Pentium 4 machine, I don't get any problems.

After freenx is installed, whenever I try connecting to the x86_64 box
(from either a linux or mac client), I get the following:

NXPROXY - Version 1.4.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2004 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '6303'.
Info: Waiting for connection from any host on port '1512'.
Info: Accepted connection from '127.0.0.1' on port '1517'.
Info: Connection with remote proxy established.
Error: Parse error in remote options string 'NX> '.

If I turn SSL encryption off, the error changes; I get a popup box
that says "Cannot establish connection with remote proxy, would you
like to terminate the current session?"  The details are as follows:

NXPROXY - Version 1.4.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2004 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '6321'.
Info: Connecting to remote host '129.93.68.38:5024'.
Info: Using render cleanup parameters 8/20/23/24/25/26.
Info: Using image cleanup parameters 0/0/0/0.
Info: Aborting procedure due to signal '15'.

Any help would be very useful.

Thanks,
Brian