[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient seg faults

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 4 10:04:17 UTC 2005

Fabian

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I had just got back to looking at
  it myself and I still have the same problem.

Perhaps I can email you the full nxserver log off-list.

Roderick

Am Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 2004 17:46 schrieb Roderick Johnstone:
 > Hi
 >
 > I've had Rick stout's freenx server 0.2.7 and the nomachine client
 > 1.4.0-75 working fine using a test system running the server. Both ends
 > running Fedora Core 2. This was using pam authentication:
 > ENABLE_PAM_AUTHENTICATION="1"
 > ENABLE_USER_DB="0"
 > ENABLE_PASSDB_AUTHENTICATION="0"
 >
 > Now I want to run the server on one of our production (Fedora Core 2)
 > systems, using the same client setup.
 >
 > What happens is that the client reports "Authentication complete", waits
 > a few seconds and then seg faults. I also tried a Windows client and it
 > crashes as well at the same point.
 >
 > I switched on logging in nxserver and the last few lines are:
 >
 > NX> 710 Session status: running
 > NX> 105 bye
 > Bye
 > NX> 999 Bye
 > NX> 1004 Error: nxagent failed to start. Session timed out.
 >                  Blocking  again ...

Well the SegFault might be because of the >1004 though it should just error
out in that case, but what bothers me much more is that there should be
something like:

Blocking 1004 again ...

But if its just saying Blocking again ... this means that the $display
var was
not set correctly.

If you have not solved the problem yet, could you post a _full_ server
log of
one session.

cu

Fabian
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFB+HQZI0lSH7CXz7MRAjqBAJ9nxtQzBjK4tq8uYAB0F7QX3a7m1ACdEr+v
ZPlAI0ZooFCLhfsJlO3IeIg=
=9bBB