[FreeNX-kNX] nxserver constantly fails during authentication on login

Jesse Byler lists.freenx at web19.eml.cc
Tue Feb 1 16:51:45 UTC 2005

Dimitrije Nikic wrote:
> NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 2819
> NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
> NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
> NX> 200 Connected to address: 127.0.0.1 on port: 22
> NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
> NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
> NX> 204 Authentication failed.
>
> I can login to my SSH server, so THAT shouldn't be the problem (well, that's what I guess). I tried to run nxserver both with and without using the user db, changed key settings, etc., But none of my attempts have been successful in avoiding the error so far.

Can you log in to the nx account using the right key without entering a
password?  Try this:

ssh -i /usr/NX/share/client.id_dsa.key -l nx mymachineip

(replace mymachineip with your real host name or IP address, of course).
  The ssh key your NX client is using must match the one on the NX
server, or you'll get exactly the error you're having.

Hope this helps,
Jesse