[FreeNX-kNX] how to direct the NX client through an HTTP proxy?

Kirk Wurffell wurfster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 02:37:56 UTC 2005

Quick question for any NX guru...
 How do I configure the NX client to use an HTTP proxy? OpenSSH provides
this command, "-o ProxyCommand" in the client ssh_confg file for this
purpose and it works great? I've tried making this option a global parameter
for OpenSSH but NX still doesn't work. Doesn't the NX client use the OpenSSH
client?
  My client machine is behind a proxy/firewall and I'm only allowed to reach
the outside world through this proxy and a specific port. As far as I can
tell, I can channel the NX client through a single port with SSL tunneling,
but I can't direct the client to use a proxy.
 any help would be appreciated.
 thanks in advance,
Kirk