[FreeNX-kNX] Strange connection-problem with FreeNX

Stefan Lippers-Hollmann s.L-H at gmx.de
Sat Aug 20 08:28:26 UTC 2005

Hi

On Saturday 20 August 2005 09:54, Janne Ojaniemi wrote:
> On Friday 19 August 2005 20:53, Janne Ojaniemi wrote:
> > > It would have been very helpful to mention the freenx and nxclient
> > > versions
> >
> > My apologies
> >
> > > , but judging from the error message I assume you're using
> > > NoMachine's nxclient 1.5.0 in combination with freenx <0.4.3, this
> > > combination is not supported and can't work
> >
> > But it does work. This exact same combination worked beautifully before,
> > and it works even now. Problem is that it doesn't work for one user, while
> > it does work for another user.
>
> Update: it doesn't work even if I try to connect on the same machine where the
> server is running. So both the client and server are identical versions, yet
> the connection simply dies.

You still haven't said anything about your local package versions (yes, the
distributions patchlevels might also be important).

dpkg -l | grep -e freenx -e nxagent

In case you're trying nxclient 1.5.0-* with freenx <0.4.4 (and your first mail
looks very much like that), there's no need to discuss this any further, as
that combination is not supported.

So either bug your distribution to update their packages to freenx 0.4.4 or
downgrade nxclient to 1.4.0-*, nxclient 1.5.0 is not going to work reliable/
at all with an older freenx version.

Regards
	Stefan Lippers-Hollmann