[FreeNX-kNX] Strange connection-problem with FreeNX

Stefan Lippers-Hollmann s.L-H at gmx.de
Thu Aug 18 20:49:39 UTC 2005

Hi

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 18:57, Janne Ojaniemi wrote:
> I'm having some strange issues with FreeNX. I installed it a while ago on my
> Ubuntu-machine, using the NoMachine-keys and it worked beautifully. It
worked
> even from my workplace. But as I tried it today, it wouldn't work. It
> authenticates like it should, and I then get the black screen with the
> NoMachine-logo. Then the screen disappears, and nothing happens. No
> error-message, no nothing. This happens if I try to log in to KDE. If I try
> to log in to Gnome, the blac screen disappears, and I get an error-message
> saying "Session Ubuntu Failed". The log looks like this:

It would have been very helpful to mention the freenx and nxclient versions,
but judging from the error message I assume you're using NoMachine's nxclient
1.5.0 in combination with freenx <0.4.3, this combination is not supported
and can't work - you need at the very least freenx 0.4.3. If this is the
case, try to get an upgrade from your distribution or file a bug against the
package in question (if freenx 0.4.4 is not available) - or downgrade
nxclient to 1.4.0-* in the mean time.

Regards
	Stefan Lippers-Hollmann