[FreeNX-kNX] text is hard to read

Clay McCoy freenx at claymccoy.com
Thu Aug 18 03:26:16 UTC 2005

The reason the text is hard to read isn't about resolution at all.  It
is just that linux fonts aren't great.  And it had nothing to do with
using FreeNX either.  The reason that linux looked so ugly is because I
was comparing it to the native mac apps running right next to it.  I
have made my linux desktop more readable by getting this rpm:
http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-fc4.shtml#ttf

and changing some options as suggested here:
http://www.linux.com/howtos/Font-HOWTO/fix.shtml

I know this isn't really FreeNX related, but one of the problems I have
encountered was that the horrible text kept the experience of having a
linux desktop up more painful than necessary.  This is better now.  Hope
it helps someone.