[FreeNX-kNX] problems with Mac OS X client

Jesse Byler lists.freenx at web19.eml.cc
Tue Aug 16 20:06:03 UTC 2005

On Friday 12 August 2005 15:52, perkel wrote:
> Thanks for this suggestion.  Unfortunately, I'm still missing
> something.
>
> I can start the X server, open xterm and do the xmodmap step and
> can confirm that this has had the desired effect by checking with
> xmodmap -pk.
>
> But then when I use nxclient (or even ssh -X to another machine)
> and then open konsole, I still don't get '*' or '+' from the normal
> keyboard locations (shift-8 or shift-=).  I do also confirm that
> these characters from the numeric keypad work fine.  So at this
> point I don't even know what to try next.

What you can do is use the xev program to see what keycodes the
regular * and + keys are sending, and then assign these keycodes to
the * and + keysyms using xmodmap.  The keycodes in my .Xmodmap are
for my Pismo; if they don't work for you you can use xev to find the
ones that will work for your keyboard.

Also, although it appears that both xmodmap and xev use decimal
keycodes by default, if you still have problems make sure one of them
isn't using hex.

> Also, although I'm clearly not ready for this yet, I was unable to
> find source for session_gate.  Any pointers?

Hmm, try this:

http://web.mit.edu/afs/dev/source/src-current/athena/bin/session/

Hope that helps!
-Jesse