[FreeNX-kNX] problems with Mac OS X client

perkel perkel at u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 12 19:52:12 UTC 2005

Thanks for this suggestion.  Unfortunately, I'm still missing something.

I can start the X server, open xterm and do the xmodmap step and can
confirm that this has had the desired effect by checking with xmodmap -pk.

But then when I use nxclient (or even ssh -X to another machine) and
then open konsole, I still don't get '*' or '+' from the normal keyboard
locations (shift-8 or shift-=).  I do also confirm that these characters
from the numeric keypad work fine.  So at this point I don't even know
what to try next.

Also, although I'm clearly not ready for this yet, I was unable to find
source for session_gate.  Any pointers?

Thanks for your ideas,
David