[FreeNX-kNX] NX server force connection settings on clients?

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Fri Aug 12 14:43:06 UTC 2005

Tiago Mikhael Pastorello Freire wrote:
> I want to constrain the bandwidth so that I can maximize the number of
> connections without a few clients eating up all of my bandwidth.
> Is it possible?

Please, check the SetLimits() function in nxcomp/Loop.cpp and the
handling of the related 'limit' option.

I developed initial support for specifying a bitrate and CPU limit
a long time ago. Since then (2003), I didn't test the functionality
on new releases, mainly because this option is not currently used in
the NX server, so I can't say if it still works. I'm very busy with
other tasks and don't have time to look at this now :-/. If you are
interested in digging into the code and fix/develop it further, don't
hesitate to send a version.

/Gian Filippo.