[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX & SuSE 9.3 (SOLVED)

Tim Jordan tim at pcs-alaska.com
Fri Aug 12 00:00:33 UTC 2005

Art Fore wrote:

>After trying two versions 1.4 & 1.5, of FreeNX, spending two weekends
>trying to get it to work, going through hundreeds of pages on the
>subject on the internet and email archives, I give up.
>
>I have VNC working but wanted a more secure system. Will give it another
>try in a year or so. Hopefully by then, the documentation will be
>upgraded to match the version. Had it almost working one time, but
>followed a howto which set me back again even after doing a new
>installation.
>
>NOTE TO THE DEVELOPERS: You need to have much more clearer instructions
>or, better yet, an installation script for installing the keys with
>better explanations for non-programmer people. I would have written one
>for Suse 9.3 if I had gotten it to operate, but am so confused right
>now, I could not do it.
>
>I am sure it is a nice program once you get it working. Best of luck in
>the future.
>
>Art

If you interested in trying something new,  PCLinuxOS is a very easy
Linux distro to install.  It uses the KDE desktop so you want be far
from home if you love SUSE.  PCLOS has the KDE 3.41 too :)  Package
management is very easy with Synaptic.

http://www.pclinuxonline.com/pclos/html/download.html

Then to get freenx just follow this:
http://www.pcs-alaska.com/pclos/freenx.html