[FreeNX-kNX] nxgui - GUI for nxrun (sneak preview)

LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 7 03:12:43 UTC 2005

I have attached a gui for nxrun.

It is pre-alpha.  It supports most of the general and advanced tabs from
the 1.4.0 client, but I still have five pop-up windows to code so vnc
and windows don't work yet.

The good news is it is a single python script so it can be easily
customized and it is tiny (only 36k so far).

The code is currently in a shameful state.  I will refactor all of it
before putting it in cvs.

Consider it a sneak preview.

The downside of it being a script is it has strict dependencies.
Basically, it requires pygtk 2.4+, which also means gtk 2.4+

I was able to use it on a new gnoppix install so I know it works there.

Here is what I did:

Load gnoppix
Add hoary-extras to synaptic (I used http://acm.cs.umn.edu/ubp/
hoary-extras main)
install nxlibs, nxproxy, and nxssh
download nxrun from freenx.berlios.de
download nxgui.py from this email
export NXDIR="/usr"
add the client key to /usr/share (required copying client.id_dsa.key
from another client)
mkdir ./config
touch ./config/local.conf
./nxgui.py