[FreeNX-kNX] always resume, fail if can't resume, don't create a new session

Sunil funtoos at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 00:20:11 UTC 2005

> To apply for the new "policy":
>
> - - What did you expect the software to do?

1. do not start a new session if the resume of the
previous session failed.

2. disconnect the connected session and resume on the
new client.

> - - What did actually happen?

1. it started a new session when the previous session
was present but resume failed, and because KDE's
~/.kde/ directory is shared by both sessions, the
result was a corrupted ~/.kde dir and lost settings.

2. it created a new session when I already had a
session with the same name and config file, which was
connected from another client. It led to similar
~/.kde issues as in 1.

> - - What do you suspect might be the problem?
> (optional)

1. the problem is that the resume failed for some
reason and it started a new KDE session, when KDE from
previous session was still running.

2. the problem is that if the session is not marked
suspended, it can not be resumed. And there is no way
to ask it to 'disconnect the current client and resume
on this new client'.

I hope my one-liner is now a clearer requirement.
Please let me know if it makes sense, because I feel
strongly about these properties of a remote desktop
server.

Thanks,
Sunil