[FreeNX-kNX] Logs?

Doug Burks mubley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 17:13:54 UTC 2004

Are you sure you're running the most recent version of FreeNX?  Below
is my session transcript.

Doug

[root at dougburks /]# nxsetup
Searching for nxserver binary...done
Setting up /etc/nxserver/ ...done
Setting up /var/lib/nxserver/ ...done
Setting up user nx ...done
Setting up known_hosts and .ssh/authorized_keys2 ...Unique key
generated; your users must install

    /home/.nx//.ssh/client.id_dsa.key

on their computers.
done
Setting up permissions ...done
Ok, nxserver is ready.

PAM authentication enabled:
  All users will be able to login with their
  normal passwords.

You can change this behaviour in the nxserver script.

Warning: Clients will not be able to login to this server with the standard key.
         Please replace /usr/NX/share/client.id_dsa.key on all clients you want
         to use with the private key from /home/.nx//.ssh/client.id_dsa.key and
         protect it accordingly.

If you really want to use the NoMachine key please remove
/home/.nx//.ssh/authorized_keys2 and run this script with the
parameter --setup-nomachine-key again.
Have Fun!

[root at dougburks /]# ls /home/.nx/.ssh
authorized_keys2  client.id_dsa.key  known_hosts  server.id_dsa.pub.key