[FreeNX-kNX] Unix FreeNX session

Doug Burks mubley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 20:43:51 UTC 2004

I haven't seen this particular problem before, so I'm just shooting in the dark:

1)  Have you tried downloading and installing the Windows fonts
packages from here?
http://www.nomachine.com/download_fonts.php

2)  Have you tried different versions of the Windows NX client?
The current stable version is 1.3.2-7.  The development releases are 1.4.0*.

3)  Have you tried a Linux NX client?
You could download a Knoppix 3.6 .iso from:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12818
Burn the .iso to CD, boot your XP machine from it, and run the include
Linux NX client to connect to your Gentoo NX server.

4)  Are you able to successfully start an X session on the Gentoo box itself?
Do you have Gnome or KDE installed and do they function properly?

5)  What kind of a session are you requesting in the NX client configuration?
Under Desktop, you should have Unix selected in the first drop-down
box.  What do you have selected in the second drop-down box?  Have you
tried changing it?

6)  Have you tried searching the documentation at NoMachine's website?
http://www.nomachine.com/resources.php

Doug