[FreeNX-kNX] Unix FreeNX session

Jeremy Mann jmann at integracarehh.com
Mon Sep 27 20:21:20 UTC 2004

I'm trying to connect to a FreeNX server on a gentoo box, having emerged all
the latest ebuilds.  RDP forwarding to a win2k server works perfectly!
However trying to start an X session to the NX server itself results in the
following error

Info: Not using processor load limit.
Info: Not using persistent cache.
Info: Listening for SMB connections on port '4005'.
Info: Listening for multimedia connections on port '8005'.
Info: Starting X protocol compression.
Info: Established X client connection.
Info: Using shared memory support in X server.
Info: Using fast copy area mode in agent.
Info: Using fast get image mode in agent.
Info: Using render cleanup parameters 8/20/23/24/25/26.
Info: Using render extension support in X server.
Info: Using image cleanup parameters 0/0/0/0.
Info: Using local device configuration changes.
Info: Using alpha channel in render extension.

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
Info: End of session requested by agent termination.
Info: Waiting for a further signal to complete.
Info: Shutting down the link and exiting.

This is of course after getting a successful negotiation to the server and
having a black window pop open and then closed.  I've run xfontsel to try
and select a different font other than "fixed" on the server, and set
various fonts in the NX client window(client running official from nomachine
on an XP box).  Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?