[FreeNX-kNX] Error after negotion link, I received message Connection Timeout.

Tobias Geiger tobias.geiger at vido.info
Sun Sep 12 11:14:52 UTC 2004

Hello,

AFAIK you need to open a port for (each?) nx session on the server beginning
from 5000/tcp.

but could also be true, that it's sufficient to open only 5000/tcp on the
server, no matter how many sessions you open.

For a start "iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -s 192.168.1.1 --dport 5000 -m state
--state NEW -j ACCEPT" should be sufficient for you case. (at least it was
for me)

@Fabian: is this correct? and if so: is it really necessary? i found it rather
strange because i thought *everything* is handled in the ssh-connection...

Greetings
Tobias