[FreeNX-kNX] Re: got: "cannot create directory `/home/.nx'"

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Fri Oct 22 19:49:43 UTC 2004

freenx at mikebell.org wrote:
> Read that one already in my initial search, unfortunately it completely
> neglects to mention how the tunneled version is done.

Please read the ChangeLog of nxssh and nxcomp. You should find
there a detailed explaination of how things are implemented.

> In fact I briefly looked at making such a change myself, before I found
> out they'd already stopped using ssh port forwarding, but I got lost in
> that labyrinthine library nxcomp and decided to come to the list for
> help instead.

I agree that nxcomp is a little more complex than I liked it
to be ;-). The problem is that it has to work as a transport
layer of the agents and as a self-contained program, nxproxy.
The nxproxy component (just a wrapper of nxcomp) will probably
disappear, at some time, and the nxcomp library will be stream-
lined to be used within nxssh (or a corresponding nxhttp) on
the client.

/Gian Filippo.