NX Security (was [FreeNX-kNX] Re: got: "cannot create directory `/home/.nx'")

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Oct 20 00:02:00 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 01:27, freenx at mikebell.org wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 01:04:50AM +0200, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> With details of how to use the "SSL forwarding"
> feature,

Which "SSL forwarding features"??

> users who don't feel comfortable with the NX user and other
> controversial aspects of the NX system

???

> could bypass them and do it
> themselves

They should better give up using NX altogether then.

I really pity those users "who don't feel comfortable with the NX
user". I am also very curious about what "other controversial aspects
of the NX system" the next innocent NX newbie or Kernel oldie will
come up with. And I ridicule those who think they could simply
"bypass them" (the controversial aspects) and get a better and
safer NX system by that magic.

> Again, I don't know how it works yet so I'm only
> speculating.

OK. Now just pause speculating and start experiencing for a
while. Then come back. Or better go to the *@nomachine.com
lists....