[FreeNX-kNX] vnc session does not work

Doug Burks mubley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 12:41:57 UTC 2004

nxviewer is a modified version of TightVNC and thus uses the Tight
encoding by default, so you have two options:
1)  On your Windows 2000 box, replace RealVNC with TightVNC.
OR
2)  Tell nxviewer to not use Tight encoding.  You've already
discovered one method of doing this (removing the "tight" option from
nxnode).  The other method is from the NX client Configuration screen,
General tab.  At the bottom, select "Use custom settings" and then
click the Modify button.  Select "Use X plain bitmaps" and then click
OK, Save, OK.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Thanks,
Doug