[FreeNX-kNX] why should i have nxclient on my nx-server?

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Mon Oct 11 20:36:18 UTC 2004

Christian Fischer wrote:
> Sorry. I really respect the nomachines and your work. It's a question of
> philosophy.  From my point this should be the servers job

The client package contains the libraries that are used by
both nxserver and nxclient. nxclient is also used to display
the dialogs interacting with the server, as for example the
broadcast messages that nxserver can deliver to all the con-
nected users or the "Close/Suspend/Cancel" dialog.

As far as I understand what you don't really like is nxclient
being a NoMachine package. This is easy to fix by developing
an alternative nxclient. kNX can be a replacement, as soon as
the code matures. A package wrapping xmessage can be another
option.

/Gian Filippo.