[FreeNX-kNX] Error trying to start nxserver

Doug Burks mubley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 17:18:08 UTC 2004

If you actually ran "nxsetup --setup-nomachine-key" then the NoMachine
client should connect just fine.  If you are unable to connect with
the NoMachine client, then your problem is not with the key.  You
might try the following for additional clues:
tail /var/log/secure
ls -al /usr/NX/home/nx/.ssh/authorized_keys2
(/usr/NX/home... is the path I copied from your original email.  It's
worth noting that the normal path is /home/.nx/.ssh/authorized_keys2,
but perhaps you have a non-normal installation.  <grin>)

If, instead, you just ran "nxsetup" then it would have generated a new
key for you that would have to be distributed to any NX client that
wanted to connect.  The newly-generated key would have to be copied to
the following location on the NX client:
Windows - C:\Program Files\NX Client for Windows\share
Linux - /usr/NX/share/

Doug