falkon.org rating

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Mon Feb 27 09:25:48 GMT 2023

On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 09:55:08 +0100
Juraj Oravec <jurajoravec at mailo.com> wrote:

> On pondelok 27. februára 2023 9:31:26 CET Genghis Khan wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 09:10:14 +0100
> >
> > Juraj Oravec <jurajoravec at mailo.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,

> > > Nicely rounded number.

> > > Most probably because normal people install Falkon from system
> > > repositories and never / very rarely need to visit the website.
> >
> > It doesn't matter. Look into personal websites (your, for example),
> > most have no rating, which is *not* 0.
>
> My little blog is an oddball, I do not intend to have any reader
> there. It is made purely for me.

I'm a subscriber of your blog, using the Atom feed.

> > > After a very quick check on this phishing site I conclude they do
> > > not
> > > have enough data to show how reliable the site is. Be it me I
> > > would wait for more reviews before creating a rating.
> >
> > My guess is that another employee or a user of another browser is
> > responsible for this, or a company paid that service to set up that
> > rating.
> >
> > > There is nothing we can do about that.
> >
> > We can contact them, no?
>
> Do as you wish.

OK.

> > > It is a fun fact though.
> >
> > Yes, but since this service has an extension for the orange animal
> > and the blue marble, I fear it would influence potential new users.
> >

> Most people install Falkon from repositories and never ever visit its
> website. Only people using weird operating systems without the
> repositories havr to search for weird websites to download programs
> from.
>
> > Falkon, is a good web browser and is considered to be from the most
> > trustworthy web browsers enumerated at Spyware Watchdog.
> > https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/falkon
>
> Falkon has outdated AdVlock-er, so many will quickly leave. While
> Falkon does not try to leak data to web on its own, this one missing
> feature is very important for many and the main reason why people do
> not use Falkon that much these days.

I consider myself as end-user, so I'd argue on this.
What could Falkon AdBlock be missing?

The only feature I'm missing is uMatrix, and pretty much anything else
is available as a form of a bookmarklet and userscript.

Though, it would be good to establish a channel (forum), dedicated for
extension porting to Falkon, for contributors to join.

QML seems to be good for building GUI, inside and outside Falkon.

> > > The Falkon website should be remade into KDE style in the future,
> > > it is just takes a lot of effort to get it done somehow.
> >
> > Speaking of which, it would be nice to update falkon.org.
> > I'm willing to volunteer for this task, until KDE style is remade.
>
> https://invent.kde.org/websites/falkon-org
> Go and unleash your creativity.

Thank you.

> Best regards,