falkon.org rating

Juraj Oravec jurajoravec at mailo.com
Mon Feb 27 08:55:08 GMT 2023

On pondelok 27. februára 2023 9:31:26 CET Genghis Khan wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 09:10:14 +0100
>
> Juraj Oravec <jurajoravec at mailo.com> wrote:
> > On pondelok 27. februára 2023 8:37:48 CET Genghis Khan wrote:
> > > Hello,
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > > Falkon website is rated 0.
> > > https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/falkon.org
> >
> > Nicely rounded number.
> >
> > > I don't know why, given that this website index *has* "not yet
> > > rated" status.
> >
> > Most probably because normal people install Falkon from system
> > repositories and never / very rarely need to visit the website.
>
> It doesn't matter. Look into personal websites (your, for example),
> most have no rating, which is *not* 0.

My little blog is an oddball, I do not intend to have any reader there.
It is made purely for me.

> > > I didn't contact that service on this matter.
> >
> > After a very quick check on this phishing site I conclude they do
> > not
> > have enough data to show how reliable the site is. Be it me I would
> > wait for more reviews before creating a rating.
>
> My guess is that another employee or a user of another browser is
> responsible for this, or a company paid that service to set up that
> rating.
>
> > There is nothing we can do about that.
>
> We can contact them, no?

Do as you wish.

> > It is a fun fact though.
>
> Yes, but since this service has an extension for the orange animal and
> the blue marble, I fear it would influence potential new users.

Most people install Falkon from repositories and never ever visit its
website. Only people using weird operating systems without the
repositories havr to search for weird websites to download programs
from.

> Falkon, is a good web browser and is considered to be from the most
> trustworthy web browsers enumerated at Spyware Watchdog.
> https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/falkon

Falkon has outdated AdVlock-er, so many will quickly leave. While Falkon
does not try to leak data to web on its own, this one missing feature is
very important for many and the main reason why people do not use Falkon
that much these days.

> > The Falkon website should be remade into KDE style in the future, it
> > is just takes a lot of effort to get it done somehow.
>
> Speaking of which, it would be nice to update falkon.org.
> I'm willing to volunteer for this task, until KDE style is remade.

https://invent.kde.org/websites/falkon-org
Go and unleash your creativity.

Best regards,
Juraj.