Rewrite of an unofficial Readability extensions to QML

Juraj Oravec jurajoravec at mailo.com
Sun Oct 23 15:42:11 BST 2022

> Hello Juraj,

Hi

> Thanks a lot for that. I just tried it in Falkon v22.08.2 installed
> with Flatpak and it works perfectly. I half-expected a button to
> launch it but there doesn't seem to be one. Now the contextual menu
> works fine, I can live with that.

There is a Toolbar button as well as Statusbar button. You need to
manually add it to the toolbar. Or it will show in the "Tools" toolbar
manu (with a distorted string 'Readimport QtQuick.Window 2.2ability' my
typo, will fix soon.).

So, right click somewhere on the top toolabr and select "Configure
toolbar" and you should see the "Readability" extension there.
The button is not great and has its own pitfalls but it is as it is at
the moment and somehow works.

PS: The context menu option is a fallback.

> I did try it too with the Falkon version from my Linux distro's repos,
> which is an old v3.1.0, and it wouldn't work, but I guess things have
> evolved a bit since then and it's normal.

V3.1.0 probably does not have ability to load extensions from user home
directory and they might need to be placed in the global (system)
directory..

Something like:
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/falkon/
/usr/lib/plugins/falkon/

Might depend on your distro.

> Now I have another problem which is that the Falkon version installed
> from Flatpak insists on using the GTK file dialog while I'm running
> KDE, which is a bit of a shame: Falkon integrates very nicely with
> KDE, I would very much like to get rid of anything GTK-related. But
> that's a question for another thread.

Yes, this is outside of my area of interest. I would say it might have
something to do with the "partals" used to open these dialogs

> Thank you very much for your work!

You are welcome.

> Regards.
>
> --