Falkon UI for touch and handheld devices

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Wed Nov 30 10:22:11 GMT 2022

Hello,

 QUESTION

 I'd like to know whether it's planned to add a new UI mode for Falkon.

 There's a discussion on this topic at the postmarketOS community. See
 link below.

 NOTES

 By the nature of postmarketOS, Droidian and similar projects, I tend
 to believe that Falkon has a great chance of becoming the default web
 browser on two variants of postmarketOS (Phosh & SXMO), because:

 Falkon doesn't have a dedicated server to track and monitize user data.

 Falkon doesn't actively violating user's privacy by default.

 Falkon is faster, lightweight and consumes lesser machine power.

 Falkon has no annoying graphics that appear all over its UI.

 Falkon (or its browser engine) works very well on touch displays, from
 my personal experience.

 Hence, I believe Falkon has a great chance of becoming a default web
 browser, namely on SXMO which is the variant that most of the
 developers of postmarkteOS and other proffessionals seem to prefer.

 ABOUT

 postmarketOS is a Linux operating system that is intended for handheld
 devices such as PDA, Pocket PC, Smartphone, Tablet; it is also
 available for Laptop, PC, and TV.

 LINKS

 https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmaports/-/issues/1805

 Homepage: