Spoofing user agent

Jukka Ruohonen jruohonen at iki.fi
Thu May 30 17:37:12 BST 2019

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 04:18:16PM +0000, Dennis wrote:
>    I'm curious if its possible to spoof the user agent past the four
>    default options included in the browser. For fingerprinting, the
>    included agents come back extremely rare so they're not ideal. Thanks

I was kind of thinking about a similar patch. But then again, there are so
many other leaks that I doubt whether it makes much sense:

	https://arxiv.org/abs/1905.01051

In any case, a trivial patch would involve the UserAgentManager and then
NetworkUrlInterceptor::interceptRequest.  For instance, it would be possible
to change the agent randomly every N times (where N = 1000, say), having a
big list of common agents for the random picking.

- Jukka