[GSoC 2019] Falkon Browser Integration with Mozilla Firefox's Sync API

David Rosca nowrep at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 13:30:07 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 7:00 PM Siraj Qazi
<fullbridgerectifier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello devs :)
>
> I'm a 2nd year student of Electrical Engineering from Pakistan.
> I want to work on the KDE Falkon Browser this summer, via the GSoC 2019 program. Firstly, I'd like to say great job on the Falkon Browser! I really love it and I'm really amazed how clean and simple yet elegant it is!

Great to hear!

> I would like to work with Qt framework this summer to extend the Falkon Browser's functionality by adding the vital Sync feature via integration with Mozilla Firefox Sync API.
> The purpose of this mail is to introduce myself to this wonderful KDE Community, and to verify that I'm the first student to have chosen this project.

Well, you are not the first one to show interest in this project.
However, it doesn't mean you now have lower chances. The most
important thing is to prove that you are able to complete the task
successfully. So to maximize your chances you should be active in the
project even before the student selection begins - eg. by contributing
patches to the project. Another important thing is to write great
proposal.

> I dont know if I had to ask this here, but thank you very much for hearing me :)

Mailing list is fine for these things.

> Regards
> Siraj Qazi
> https://github.com/Siraj-Qazi