Support for plasma activities

David Rosca nowrep at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 15:17:48 BST 2019

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 10:49 AM Simon Persson
<simon.persson at mykolab.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>

> I am a happy full time falkon user, but I miss support for plasma
> activities. I try to seperate work on different programming projects in
> activities but browser tabs for documentation, bug trackers etc
> regularly gets mixed up since falkon doesn't support this kind of
> scenario. I've also been bitten by the save file dialog opening on a
> different activity and the brower window I was looking at appeared
> frozen (took me a while to understand why).
>

> I can't find any discussion about adding such support, neither on the
> mailing list nor on the bug tracker.

There was a bugreport about activities support in Falkon, but I can't
find it anymore.
I don't use activities, so that's the main reason it is not
implemented. The other issue is that I think activities doesn't work
on Wayland.

> Has this been discussed? I don't even know what I think should be
> changed and how, interaction with the sessions feature could get confusing.
>
> As a very first step, perhaps this: links opened from other apps should
> open a new window or new tab in the current activity instead of in
> another falkon window on some seemingly random other activity.
>
> I would be willing to work on this.

Cool, but you will need to look for more information somewhere else,
as I am not really familiar with activities.

> Thanks for a very nice software!

David