Compiling under openSUSE Tumbleweed

Theo alpha0x89 at yahoo.de
Mon Jun 17 13:44:25 BST 2019

On Mon, June 17, 2019, 08:36 UTC David Rosca <nowrep at gmail.com> wrote:

> I now tried:
>
> $ git clone git://anongit.kde.org/falkon.git
> $ cd falkon
> $ mkdir build && cd build
> $ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/falkon -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None ..
> $ make && sudo make install
> $ /opt/falkon/bin/falkon
>
> and everything works as expected, it loads plugins from
> /opt/falkon/lib64/plugins/falkon.
>
> Any chance you actually first run cmake without (or with different)
> CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and then changed it?

I think this is it. I ran cmake a few times before I got all
dependencies right and most likely left out -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX in
the beginning. Indeed, after

$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None ..
$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/falkon -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None ..

I get /usr/local/lib64/plugins/falkon in build/CMakeCache.txt and
build/src/config.h. Running only the second command in an empty build
directory gives /opt/falkon/lib64/plugins/falkon instead. It's a stupid
mistake caused by my blind faith in cmake being able to correctly
prioritize given options over its cache.