Hey, Falkon users, I have a few questions

David Rosca nowrep at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 17:57:44 BST 2018

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 6:50 PM Copen-08 <Copen08 at ultra-on.com> wrote:

> So, right off the bat I feel like Falkon is the browser answer for people wanting to not want their info to be a product on the net. I tried out the Windows install, and it's pretty cool, but there are a few things I am wondering.
>
> My main question: Why go with Adblock, and not UBlock Origin? I've heard a lot of bad things about ad-block that basically amounts to them having a 'pay us to let your ad "slip by"' system going. I do understand that there can be a "good ad" but I feel that said ad would be hosted on the webmasters site as a image with a link to advertised site, and maybe a custom id that says "You got this click from the ad shown on my site" and I don't think AdBlock's pay to slip by is that kind of system.

This is custom adblock implementation, and it has nothing to do with
AdBlock Plus nor with uBlock.

> Other questions:
> How do I make extensions? I wouldn't mind developing some, or doing some ports if I knew how.

You can write C++ extensions (look in src/plugins) or Python
extensions (look in src/scripts).

> Are there any forums I could join for the Falkon community?

No.

> Is there currently a way to donate?

Since it became KDE project (with renaming from QupZilla to Falkon)
there is no way to directly donate. You can, however, donate to KDE
project as a whole at kde.org.
If you want to donate specifically to Falkon, then the only way is
from old QupZilla website.

> PS: I'm not entirely sure if this email is going to staff, users, or both. Sorry if I did something wrong.
>
> Let's make the world a better place.
> -Copen

Regards,
David