Common setting for all users

Angel Docampo adocampo at dltec.net
Mon Oct 23 13:01:52 UTC 2017

Hello,

First of all, I must say I'm using Kubuntu, not vanilla Plasma. So I hope you can give me a hand with this

I need to set some common settings for all users, both existing users and first-time logged in users. Such settings would be, but not limited to, background image, splash-screen after login, desktop settings (desktop view like folder, icon size, folder preview, etc), lock screen, and logout screen.

After struggling some time, I've found some setting, like:
· sddm splash --> ~/.config/ksplashrc
· screen lock theme --> ~/.config/kscreenlockerrc
· desktop theme --> ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

As I couldn't find a proper guide where the config files resides, I copied all the ~/.config and ~/.kde folders from le properly configured user to /etc/skel
It doesn't work. Some settings are working, but some not. Once the user is created, I can rsync /etc/skel once again and then the settings are properly copied!

Is there any method I don't know in order to accomplish what I'm trying?

Thank you.

--

[http://www.dltec.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Logo-DLtec.png]

Angel Docampo