[SDDM] Avoid suspend screen

Angel Docampo adocampo at dltec.net
Wed Nov 15 15:22:01 UTC 2017

I did noticed that if I put a background image, this issue doesn't happen. Even more, I also noticed that configuring /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/theme.conf as well as /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/theme.conf.user but putting a background image, when sddm returns from suspend, it shows the background image specified, but If I put the same video I put on them.conf.user or no config at all, it shows the standard blue breeze color.

So my config is:
/usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/theme.conf.user
[General]
background=/opt/IMI/fondos/Barcelona.mp4

If I put a "fallback" background image on /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/theme.conf like
[General]
background=/opt/IMI/fondos/Barcelona.png

If there is nothing on background direcitve, so a plain color appears.

I did also notice that there are a qml file named Background.qml, which only considers two options: image and color.

    states: [
        State {
            name: "imageBackground"
            when: sceneBackgroundType == "image"
            PropertyChanges {
                target: sceneColorBackground
                visible: false
            }
            PropertyChanges {
                target: sceneImageBackground
                visible: true
            }
        },
        State {
            name: "colorBackground"
            when: sceneBackgroundType != "image"
            PropertyChanges {
                target: sceneColorBackground
                visible: true
            }

I do not know if it is related somehow, but perhaps it should consider sceneVideoBackground... just an idea.

What do you think?