Enforcing screen lock policies for RHEL 7 / KDE 4?

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 16:34:06 UTC 2017

Thanks again Rex and David,
Somehow I missed that I have both an /etc/kderc and /etc/kde4rc file - the
odd thing is that those wouldn't be found in my config path I supposed
based on:

# kde4-config --path config

/root/.kde/share/config/:/etc/kde/:/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/:/usr/share/config/

Or are those understood to be pulled in regardless of path?

I'm going to test this addition shortly:

# cat /etc/kderc

[Directories]

kioskAdmin=root:

profileDirsPrefix=/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/

userProfileMapFile=/etc/kde-user-profile

[Directories-default]

prefixes=/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/

[root at gobibear ksf]# cat /etc/kde4rc

[Directories]

kioskAdmin=root:

profileDirsPrefix=/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/
## a non-emtpy userProfileMapFile induces errors in kde4 apps atm
#userProfileMapFile=/etc/kde-user-profile

[Directories-default]
prefixes=/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/
[root at gobibear ksf]# vim /etc/kderc
[root at gobibear ksf]# rm /etc/kde/kscreensaverrc
rm: remove regular file ‘/etc/kde/kscreensaverrc’? y
[root at gobibear ksf]# cat /etc/kderc
[Directories]
kioskAdmin=root:
profileDirsPrefix=/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/
userProfileMapFile=/etc/kde-user-profile

[Directories-default]
prefixes=/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/

[ScreenSaver][$i]
Enabled=true
LegacySaverEnabled=true
Lock=true