Hi list

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Sat Jul 29 09:36:15 UTC 2017

On Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2017 04:36:23 CEST Franklin Weng wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm new to this list.  We customize Kubuntu (usually LTS version) to
> form a derived distribution named "ezgo"[1].  This download count of
> this distribution is about 200,000 each version.  Though mostly schools
> or teachers not enterprises, but it used to beat Microsoft in 2013 and
> deployed in the 10,000 PCs purchased by New Taipei City Government.  For
> enterprises, I used to customize Kubuntu for them but not to use in
> enterprise, but used in their charitable activities to kids.
>
> I wish we can exchange the experiences and questions in customizing in
> this list.

Hi Franklin,
welcome to our mailing list!
I admit that the list term "enterprise" is associated with businesses in many
people's minds, but we created it based on the definition of enterprise as
"A company, business, organization, or other purposeful endeavor." [1].
The purpose is to discuss any topics that come up when deploying KDE software
on a larger scale, regardless of whether that's a company, administration,
school, research center or whatever.
So, tl;dr: Yes, your case fits perfectly to this list!
Cheers,
Thomas

[1] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/enterprise